This workshop is "The" event for testing OPC products for interoperability and preparing them for the lab testing and for the market. Vendors can test and debug their products against one another for interoperability, compliance and reliability. IOP workshops also provide an ideal opportunity to network with your peers, learn about OPC technology, and interact with industry-leading experts.
Plan on debugging issues that occur and be prepared to modify your software components if required. Testing will be primarily for the successful operation between clients and servers; we will test for failures as time permits.
The OPC Interoperability Workshops are open to OPC Foundation member companies only. The cost is US $500 per person. Space is limited to 60 attendees, so register now!
The 2018 IOPs were very successful, with several members reporting that it was "extremely valuable" in preparing their products for release.
Optional training sessions (15 - 30 minutes) will introduce and promote various OPC activities and deliverables throughout the week. Details will be made available closer to the event.
Global Discover Service
This workshop will also provide a GDS, which will allow distribution of certificates to OPC UA Clients and Servers. The GDS Supports both Push and Pull methods for obtaining certificates. Both Client and Server vendors are encouraged to test this functionality.
Pub / SUB
This workshop will also support testing of Publish and Subscriber that have implemented the new Part 14 pub/sub architecture. Additional details will be provided later.
Available OPC Technology For Testing
- OPC Unified Architecture (UA) - Windows, Linux, Embedded
Provided Infrastructure For Testing
- Local Area Network consisting of a standard CAT5 Ethernet cable
- Internet access
- Web-based application providing Test suggestions and for recording test results
- OPC Unified Architecture GDS - Push and Pull
- OPC Compliance Test Tool (CTT) - Support
What to Bring
- Computer (laptops are preferred) containing your OPC product(s) for testing.
- Backup drives and/or restoration DVDs in the event your PC crashes.
- Any additional hardware/software needed to conduct your testing.
Interoperability Workshop Preparations
Attendees will be asked to specify their products in the OPC Interoperability Test Application in order to have more time for testing during the workshop. Instructions will be provided in the event payment confirmation email.
Monday, 4 March
09:00 - 10:30
- Network and Computer Setup
- Verify Connectivity
- Begin General Testing
We will start with network configuration, followed by GDS interaction [registration/certificate management etc]. This will be done step-by-step with on-screen instructions. A "share" partition on the domain server will be used to exchange files, if necessary.
Introduction to the infrastructure and the test procedure:
- All Servers must be described via a web-based entry form (Server URI, general properties, supported optional interfaces, etc.). This test data will be available for the Clients.
- Clients will also use the web-based entry forms to find available Servers, view their properties, select them for testing, and enter test results, etc..
Tuesday, 5 March - Thursday, 7 March
08:30 - 17:30
These three and a half days will be available for general testing. Every client must perform IOP testing with as many Servers as possible. Web-based forms will show the status with respect to available servers and clients.
From past experience, we estimate an average of one to two hours for each test.
Each client vendor must enter the test results for each tested server into a web-based database. The database will be available to all participants throughout the entire workshop.
Friday, 8 March
08:30 - 12:00
- General Testing and wrap-up
Attendees are responsible for making their own travel and hotel reservations.
Honeywell Rates: Download PDF
If you have questions about the OPC Interoperability Workshop, please contact:
Paul Hunkar, OPC Foundation
Phone: +1 480-483-6644
Fax: +1 480-483-7202