OPC UA Interoperability Workshop, Virtual
In 2021 OPC Foundation is organizing the first world-wide, virtual IOP Workshop (Online), which will connect OPC enabled products from all around the world to ensure global interoperability and Plug & Play solutions.
This workshop takes place April 12th – 16th 2021 and is intended for experienced IOP Workshop attendees. Because of the lack of in-person interactions and on-site help during this IOP Workshop, attendees are expected to have attended at least one IOP Workshop in the past.
Vendors can test and debug their products against one another for interoperability, robustness, and reliability.
Plan on debugging issues that occur and be prepared to modify your software components if required. Testing will be primarily for the successful operation between clients and servers; we will test for failures as time permits.
The 2019 IOPs were very successful, with several members reporting that it was “extremely valuable” in preparing their products for release.
The virtual IOP Workshop is open to corporate members of the OPC Foundation. Registration starts on March 1st and closes on April 1st. The space is limited to 30 server products, so check back and register in time!
Available OPC Technology For Testing
- OPC UA Client/Server
- OPC UA PubSub (Unicast)
- Global Discovery Services
Provided Infrastructure For Testing
- Software packages to access the virtualized testing network
- Global Discovery Server for Certificate and Endpoint management
- Web-based application providing Test suggestions and for recording test results
- Opportunity for attendees to organize testing slots
- Communication platform for fast interactions
What to prepare
- OPC product(s) for testing
- Access to the virtualized testing network
- Reserve timeslots for 1:1 testing during the IOP Workshop
Interoperability Workshop Preparations
Attendees will be asked to specify their products in the OPC Interoperability Test Application in order to have more time for testing during the workshop. Instructions will be provided in the event payment conformation email.
We will enable the VPN connections in the week before the IOP Workshop. During this week we highly recommend everybody to establish the connection and verify everything is operational. If needed, we will be provided support and guidance during this week to fix / address potential issues.
Starting Session and Introduction
Monday, 12th of April 12:00 – 17:30 CET | 10:00 UTC (Europe)
Monday, 12th of April 12:00 – 17:30 EST | 16:00 UTC (North America)
Tuesday, 13th of April 12:00 – 17:30 JST | 03:00 UTC (Asia)
- Introduction of regional and global contact persons
- Introduction of new IOP System
- Network and Computer Setup
- Verify Connectivity
All Sessions will be held in English language and will only differ in time. Please feel free to dial in to any session that is appropriate for you.
Introduction to the infrastructure and the test procedure:
- All Servers have to be specified by means of a web-based entry form (general properties, supported optional interfaces, etc.). This test data will be available for the clients.
- Clients will also use web-based entry forms to find available servers, view their properties, select them for testing, fill in test results, etc.
The remaining time will be available for general testing. Every client is expected to perform an IOP test with all available servers of other vendors. Web-based forms will show the status with respect to available servers and clients.
Handling the different time zones the attendees are in, a system will be provided to schedule 1:1 testing sessions between vendors. E.g. Person A, located in Germany, plans to test with Person B, located at the US West Cost, then they can schedule a testing/debug session for one hour starting at 5 p.m. CET / 8 a.m. PDT. To accommodate the time differences, it is possible to test with multiple persons and distribute the international testing internally.
From experience, we estimate an average of two hours for each test combination.
Each client vendor must enter the test results for each tested server into a web-based database. The database will be available to all participants at the end of the workshop.
End of IOP Workshop
12:00 JST (Asia)
12:00 CET (Europe)
12:00 EST (North America)
- Wrap up and disconnection of clients/servers
If you have questions about the OPC Interoperability Workshop, please contact:
Alexander Allmendinger, OPC Foundation
You are not logged in.
Before you can reserve a spot, you must register.
If you are a returning user please log in.