OPC Server Access from factory talk view gives error code 80004005|OPC UA Implementation: Stacks, Tools, and Samples|Forum|OPC Foundation

Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
OPC Server Access from factory talk view gives error code 80004005
Adarsh bV
Members
Forum Posts: 3
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
02/26/2021 - 06:04
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi everyone,

I have developed an OPC server under Qt platform for windows using OPEN62541 library. When it is connected from UAExpert and Kepware client , everything works fine. But when accessed from FTV Studio OPC UA Client sometimes it is not showing the nodes initialized and later when it tries to read from OPC Server  get 80004005 error code and connection is reset. When I probed the issue using wire shark, i get 'TCP Spurious Retransmission' error. Can any one help me regarding this issue and any solution if possible.??

Thanks

Randy Armstrong
Admin
Forum Posts: 1445
02/26/2021 - 08:50
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Given that you have 2 commercial clients connecting successfully, you may be dealing with a buggy client.

Have you contacted Rockwell support?

Adarsh bV
Members
02/26/2021 - 08:55
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Randy Armstrong said
Given that you have 2 commercial clients connecting successfully, you may be dealing with a buggy client.

Have you contacted Rockwell support?

yes... I didn't get much help... along with this.. FTV is communicating properly with a UA Expert demo server... thus I'm really confused about narrowing down the issue.. 

Randy Armstrong
Admin
Forum Posts: 1445
02/26/2021 - 15:21
sp_Permalink sp_Print

80004005 is a COM/Windows error code that is produced by the client s/w.

It is not coming from the UA server.

"TCP Spurious Retransmission" errors are not a concern unless you see a lot of them:
https://www.chappell-universit.....-a-concern

You need to focus one the OPC UA message packets.

I have seen applications that had thread timing issues which would rarely cause their message buffers to be overwritten before they are sent on the wire. If this is happening in the Rockwell client then it would explain why it one appears with some clients. The same issue could be happening in the Server since buffer overruns are easy to do in C++.

You need to look at the request-response pairs in wireshark and make sure they look right. i.e. they are not truncated or corrupted.

It is also possible that the header information returned from your server if different from the UA expert demo server. Use wire shark to compare the response packets for each server. If a fields is omitted or added it could trigger a bug in the FTV client.

Adarsh bV
Members
02/26/2021 - 20:41
sp_Permalink sp_Print

ok thanks... I ll look into the packets and update .. 

Randy Armstrong said
80004005 is a COM/Windows error code that is produced by the client s/w.

It is not coming from the UA server.

"TCP Spurious Retransmission" errors are not a concern unless you see a lot of them:

https://www.chappell-universit.....-a-concern

You need to focus one the OPC UA message packets.

I have seen applications that had thread timing issues which would rarely cause their message buffers to be overwritten before they are sent on the wire. If this is happening in the Rockwell client then it would explain why it one appears with some clients. The same issue could be happening in the Server since buffer overruns are easy to do in C++.

You need to look at the request-response pairs in wireshark and make sure they look right. i.e. they are not truncated or corrupted.

It is also possible that the header information returned from your server if different from the UA expert demo server. Use wire shark to compare the response packets for each server. If a fields is omitted or added it could trigger a bug in the FTV client.

Forum Timezone: America/Phoenix
Most Users Ever Online: 510
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 27
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Forum Stats:
Groups: 2
Forums: 10
Topics: 1347