Member: Advantech Co., LTD.
Product website: www.advantech.com/industrial-automation/webaccess
Advantech WebAccess/SCADA is a 100% web-based SCADA software solution/IIoT platform with open interfaces for developing IoT applications aimed at various vertical markets.
It also acts as a gateway for collecting data from ground equipment and transferring the data to cloud applications via MQTT publish/subscribe. In addition to traditional SCADA
functions, WebAccess/SCADA features an HTML5-based intelligent dashboard that enables cross-platform, cross-browser data analysis.
The basic components of WebAccess/SCADA are as follows:
- Project Node: This is the project development platform. It also acts as a web server for all clients to connect to development projects, thus facilitating remote monitoring and system control. All system configuration settings, project database files, and graphics are stored in this node.
- SCADA Node: With various built-in device drivers, this node enables real-time communication with and control over automation equipment via serial, Ethernet, or proprietary communication protocols. It also provides real-time data access for all remote clients.
- ViewDAQ Client: Through Microsoft Internet Explorer's ActiveX control, ViewDAQ Client monitors and controls the SCADA node. Clients must first connect to the project node to obtain the SCADA node address before they can communicate directly with the SCADA node. Data can be visualized in real time as dynamic graphics, presenting historical trends and alarm information for the user. ViewDAQ Client can be used to acknowledge alarms and adjust set-point data, status data, and other information.
- Dashboard Client: This enables users to access the dashboard server via any browser on any platform (e.g., computer, pad, or smartphone) with iOS, Android, or Windows.
- WebAccess APP: This provides a new interface for displaying usage information. Connecting to the WebAccess server enables users to perform remote monitoring of control points and alarms while visualizing trends and communication statuses via the dashboard. Additionally, it provides push notifications for mobile devices.