The OPC Foundation Certification Program requires OPC-based products to pass an extensive level of testing to assure compliance, interoperability, robustness, and resource efficiency.
Certification testing is a paid-for service as described in Overview & Benefits.
Preparing for Testing
The following items can help a product vendor prepare for Certification Lab testing. It is suggested that vendors prepare for testing and try as many of the tests as possible before attending the OPC Foundation accredit Certification Lab. This ensures that testing does not discover easily avoidable problems. Products with problems take longer to test, which results in additional cost for the vendor.
- The certification specifications are available and explain the process and rules, etc. Download them and review them.
- The OPC Foundation provides compliance test tools and test-case documentation. The tools are used by the lab to help with testing. The test case documentation describes all of the available tests (actual tests will vary according to the Profiles supported (OPC UA) or interfaces (Classic OPC).
- Download the OPC server and client configuration, and resource efficiency guides
- Follow the walk-through tutorials:
Once your product successfully passes compliance, interoperability, robustness, usability, and resource efficiency testing then you are ready for certification testing.
- Submit your application for testing by completing the Application Request Form
- A Test Engineer will request your product, configuration, and test results etc.
If you still have questions about the OPC Certification Program, contact the Compliance department.
Test Lab Locations
- Europe: Manfred-Woerner-Str. 125, 73037 Goeppingen, Germany (see here)