Learn more about OPC technology with these free webinars, videos and podcasts provided by the OPC Foundation and its members.
- English: OPC UA in one minute – a short overview
- Japan: OPC UA in one minute – a short overview
- France: OPC UA in one minute – a short overview
- OPC UA in 60 sec – OPC UA in smart factory
- Introduction to OPC – A brief explanation of the origins and original motivation for OPC
OPC UA technical introductions consisting of 5 parts by Uwe Steinkrauss, Unified Automation
- Part 1: OPC UA Concepts (10min)
- Part 2: OPC UA Transport (17min)
- Part 3: OPC UA Security (11min)
- Part 4: OPC UA Profiles (8min)
- Part 5: OPC UA Discovery (8min)
Adoption in Industry
- OPC UA commitment from leading Automation companies around the globe
OPC UA from IT Point of view
- Microsoft: OPC UA in Industrial Azure IoT (15min) by Erich Barnstedt, Microsoft
- SAP: OPC UA in digital Manufacturing (15min) by Rüdiger Fritz
- How to start a new joined collaboration with OPC Foundation by Stefan Hoppe, OPC Foundation
- Video (3min): VDMA Overview by Dr. Christian Mosch, VDMA
- Video (9min): VDMA Overview in more Detail by Dr. Christian Mosch, VDMA
- Video (6min): VDMA Plastics and rubber machinery by Dr. Harald Weber
- Video (12min): VDMA Plastics and rubber machinery in Details by Dr. Harald Weber
- Video (4min): VDMA Machine Vision by Dr. Reinhard Heister
- Video (12min): VDMA Machine Vision Overview in details by Dr. Reinhard Heister
- Video (2min): VDMA Robotics by Dr. Reinhard Heister
- Video (8min): VDMA Robotics in Details by Dr. Reinhard Heister
- Video (3min): VDMA Weighing by Dirk Bösel
- Video (13min): VDMA Weighing in Details by Felix Kretschmer
Fieldbus organizations with 1 Minute Videos about their OPC UA commitment
- Video by Sercos International, Peter Lutz
- Video by ProfiNET, Karsten Schneider
- Video by EtherCAT, Martin Rostan
- Video by Powerlink, Stefan Bina
- Video by CAN in Automation, Thilo Schumann
- Video by CC Link (CLPA), Naomi NakamuriaCC Link (CLPA)
- Video by IO-Link, Elmar Büchler
- OPC UA and AutomationML in 1 Minute by Miriam Schleipen, Fraunhofer Institute
- OPC UA and AutomationML in 15minutes by Miriam Schleipen, Fraunhofer Institute
- OPC UA and BACnet in 3 Minutes by Frank Schubert, Beckhoff
- OPC UA and BACnet in 12 Minutes by Frank Schubert, Beckhoff
- OPC UA and PackML by Christian Hock, Siemens
- OPC UA and FDI by Achim Laubenstein, ABB
- Results OPC UA and AutoID companion spec by Olaf Wilmsmeier, HARTING
- Overview of AutoID companion specification
- Siemens commitment of AutoID for OPC UA
- HARTING commitment for AutoID for OPC UA
- OPC UA and DEXPI by Nikolaos Papakonstantinou, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland
- OPC UA for ISA95 by Paul Hunkar
- IO-link for OPC UA: From sensor to cloud by Michael Tiegelkamp, TE Connectivity
- OPC UA for MTConnect (Webinar 26.02.2019 by MTConnect & OPC Foundation
- All about certification: Coverage, CTT, Benefits, by Alexander Allmendinger, Manager at OPC Foundation Europe Certification Lab
- New: Certification and Compliance in OPC UA Companion Specifications, by Alexander Allmendinger, Manager at OPC Foundation Europe Certification Lab
OPC UA Compliance Tutorial
- 01 Overview: Overview and instructions for compliance testing a UA Server, saving history, and debugging tests.
- 02 Server Testing: Overview and instructions for compliance testing a UA Server, saving history, and debugging tests.
- 03 Client Testing: Overview and instructions for compliance testing a UA Client, observing behavior, and error-injection testing.
- 04 Advanced Debugging: Overview and demonstration using the UACTT as a gateway between a Client and Server to spy on traffic and using this information to conduct sophisticated debugging.
- 07 Automatic Server Testing: Overview and demonstration of automated Server testing and the massive benefits when used as part of a build process.
- 08 Automatic Client Testing: Overview and demonstration of automated Client testing and the massive benefits when used as part of a build process.
To submit a webinar, video or podcast for publication on the OPC Foundation web site, please review the requirements for contributed content.