OPC UA Users and Experts – Conveying Knowledge and Experience
2nd Edition OPC Technology eBook – download here
- WELCOME by Stefan Hoppe, President OPC Foundation
- CHAPTER 1: COMPANION SPECIFICATIONS
Karl Deiretsbacher of the OPC Foundation shares his knowledge about Companion Specifications. Learn about the different types of Companion Specifications that exist, what Joint Working Groups are, and how the OPC Foundation guides the development and maintenance of Companion Specifications.
- CHAPTER 2: SAP BUSINESS SOFTWARE
Learn from an interview with Veronika Schmid-Lutz and Rüdiger Fritz from SAP about the importance of OPC UA for business software. They will tell us what value SAP sees in OPC UA and will describe the concept of business-context-driven control loops and the benefit of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) on the shop floor.
- CHAPTER 3: GETTING STARTED WITH OPC UA
Learn from an interview with Jouni Aro of Prosys OPC how developers and end users alike can get started using OPC UA. Jouni shares information about off-the-shelf products, software development toolkits, open source options, training and support, as well as product certification.
- CHAPTER 4: OPC UA AND SECURITY
Learn from an interview with Darek Kominek of Matrikon about the concepts of built-in security, the IT-OT gap, protecting against hacker/malware attacks, and many other features that have made OPC UA the secure data-exchange standard it is today.
- CHAPTER 5: OPC UA OPC CERTIFICATION PRINCIPLES
Learn from an interview with Paul Hunkar from the OPC Foundation about certification. He will give us a quick introduction into certification, why certification is important, the end-user and vendor demand for certification, the costs involved, and who can get products certified.
- CHAPTER 6: IBM APP CONNECT FOR MANUFACTURING
Learn from an interview with Mithun Katti and Joerg Wende of IBM about OT/IT Integration, specifically, App Connect for Manufacturing. They will talk about IBM Industry 4.0 solutions, their Plant Service Bus, and the role OPC UA plays in the IBM reference architecture for manufacturing.
1st Edition OPC Technology eBook – download here
- WELCOME by Mike Clark, Director North America OPC Foundation
- OPC UA FOR OPEN PROCESS AUTOMATION by Don Bartusiak
- WHAT IS OPC? by Stefan Hoppe
- THE TECHNOLOGY BEHIND OPC UA by Uwe Steinkraus
- THE FLC INITIATIVE OF THE OPC FOUNDATION by Peter Lutz
- VDMA COMPANION SPECIFICATIONS by Andreas Faath
- OPEN SERIALIZATION COMMUNICATION STANDARD by Marcel de Grutter
- MICROSOFT OPC UA CLOUD SOLUTIONS by Erich Barnstedt
- SMART FACTORY WEB by Thomas Usländer