This specification describes the behavior of an OPC Server which can monitor areas and notify Clients about alarm conditions, covering:
- Overview and purpose of Alarms & Events technology
- Overview of general architecture and methodology of alarms, events, acknowledgments, queries, and areas
- Detailed descriptions of interfaces, methods, parameters, and expected behaviors
- Detailed descriptions of data types and structures
- Sample code (OPC Server) containing interface definitions and error codes
License: OPC Specifications Agreement of Use
OPC Foundation membership fees are used by the OPC Foundation for the continuous improvement of this specification, which includes bug-fixes and adding new features as required by the continuous advancement of the OPC Specifications.
Have a Suggestion / Request for enhancement / New Features? Please Join an OPC Foundation Member Working Group (details may be found here). You may also submit requests to the OPC Foundation email address of. All suggestions become the property of the OPC Foundation.
This specification is complete and no longer maintained.