- Publish date: 08/09/2022
- Product release date: 06/23/2022
- Product Version: 3.10
- Product Webpage
Software module for connecting SINUMERIK 840D controllers to industrial IoT applications
Container technology with access to SINUMERIK 840D Solution Line und Power Line data via OPC UA and MQTT with flexible deployment options for higher-level applications
edgeConnector 840D connects to the Siemens SINUMERIK 840D Solution Line and Power Line controllers without any intervention in the machine configuration and provides the data as an OPC UA server. In addition, the data can also be transmitted to MQTT brokers using MQTT. All process parameters from the NC part (axis, tool, program data), as well as the PLC part (status, program sections, alarms) and the drive data can be read out. As a Docker container, the product offers flexible deployment options, e.g. on standard IPCs or devices running Azure IoT Edge or AWS IoT Greengrass.
The application can be easily configured locally via an integrated web interface. It can also be managed remotely using the REST API. The configuration is flexible and includes precisely coordinated security settings (e.g. role-based access rights for OPC UA client applications).
The new product, which is also based on virtualization and container technology, benefits from Softing’s deep experience with brownfield connectivity through MQTT and OPC UA technology and provides the data for new and highly efficient IoT solution architectures.
|Category: Gateway||Subcategory: Protocol Converter|
Supported Profiles and Facets
- Standard 2017 UA Server Profile
- SecurityPolicy - Aes256-Sha256-RsaPss
- SecurityPolicy [A] - Aes128-Sha256-RsaOaep
- SecurityPolicy [B] – Basic256Sha256
- SecurityPolicy – Basic128Rsa15
- SecurityPolicy – Basic256
- SecurityPolicy – None
- User Token – Anonymous Facet
- User Token – Anonymous Server Facet
- User Token – User Name Password Server Facet
- User Token – X509 Certificate Server Facet