- Publish date: 09/18/2014
- Product release date: 09/18/2014
OPC Server Toolkit
OPC Server Toolkit enables developers, OEM and system integrators to easily program OPC DA, DX and HDA servers. It implements all required and most of the optional standard OPC Data Access, OPC Data eXchange and OPC Historical Data Access interfaces.
This OPC SDK is provided in form of an API and supports programming in C# .NET, VB .NET, VB, and C++.
The OPC Server Toolkit eliminates the complexity of COM/DCOM communications and provides easy and flexible interfaces for OPC DA, DX and HDA server development.
The OPC Server Toolkit:
- Implements the latest released specifications for OPC Data Access, OPC Historical Data Access and OPC Data eXchange.
- Adds/removes OPC server COM entries in the Windows registry.
- Allows out-of-process server development to:
- Perform synchronous/asynchronous real-time data reads and writes.
- Provide full access to historical data for OPC HDA clients
- Acts as a peer-to-peer gateway to collect data directly from OPC DA or DX source servers :
- Offers simple callback functions to handle the communication with the real equipment
- Supports C++ unmanaged code for MS Visual Studio 6 and Visual Studio 2008.
- Supports C++ .NET managed code, C# .NET and VB .NET (Microsoft .NET framework version 2.0 or later)
- Supports Visual Basic 6
Sample codes are also provided to quickly guide you through the main development steps.