- Publish date: 05/12/2021
- Product release date: 03/09/2022
- Product Version: 6.0
- Product Webpage
Industrial Communication Toolbox
Industrial Communication Toolbox™ provides access to live and historical industrial plant data directly from MATLAB® and Simulink®. You can read, write, and log OPC Unified Architecture (UA) data from devices such as distributed control systems, supervisory control and data acquisition systems, and programmable logic controllers. You can also access plant and manufacturing data directly from OSIsoft® PI servers, and use this data for process monitoring, process improvement, and predictive maintenance applications.
You can work with data from live servers and data historians that conform to the OPC UA, OPC Data Access (DA), and OPC Classic Historical Data Access (HDA) standards. When communicating over OPC UA, you can securely connect to OPC UA servers using a variety of security modes, encryption algorithms, and user authentication methods.
The toolbox includes Simulink blocks that let you model online supervisory control and perform hardware-in-the-loop controller testing. In both MATLAB and Simulink, you can verify algorithms by establishing a secure OPC UA connection to your plant and build connected digital twin models for IIoT applications. The toolbox also supports communication with edge devices and cloud servers over Modbus and MQTT protocols.
Supported Profiles and Facets
- Global Certificate Management Client Profile
- Global Discovery and Certificate Management Server
- Standard UA Client Profile
- SecurityPolicy – Basic128Rsa15
- SecurityPolicy – Basic256
- SecurityPolicy – Basic256Sha256
- SecurityPolicy – None
- User Token – Anonymous Facet
- User Token – Issued Token Client Facet
- User Token – Issued Token Windows Client Facet
- User Token – User Name Password Client Facet
- User Token – X509 Certificate Client Facet
- Data Access 2.05a