We are planning to implement an industrial application software based on OPC DA,HDA,AE,UA(dll) and sold as a license of our company.
We found the OPCNetAPI.dll on drive C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net in our PC.
Then our question is:
1. This dll is only for DA,HDA,AE right?
2. If this dll not included UA, what's name of opc ua dll file?
3. This OPCNetAPI.dll is a free or not?
4. If not free, how to get this license with redistribute dll (for bundle classic opc into our any application)
5. Dll file for OPC UA is a free or not?
6. If not free, how to get this license with redistribute dll (for bundle UA into our any application)
We don't need your source code example or code of dll. Just need only license of dll if required.
We decided to implement this software under your rule, please advise us.
2) There is not one. You need to get/build your own UA stack. e.g. https://github.com/OPCFoundati.....ETStandard
3) License is here: https://opcfoundation.org/lice.....index.html . So free but the license has restrictions. In particular:
"Add significant primary functionality to it in your programs;"
So it can be bundled with a product but you can't take a DLL which another vendor distributes and use it in your product. You need to download the binaries from the OPC-F and include the license agreement.
4) Corporate members have rights to download and distribute this DLL.
5) There are open source stacks in multiple programming languages with different license terms. You need to find one that suits you.
6) There are multiple commercial vendors which sell supported UA stacks. You need to contact them to find out pricing.
What class library in the source code can I use for a VBA application? My goal is to replace the OPCDAAuto.dll with a new one that can run on 64-bit office excel.
I would like to read and write to PLC tags through office. The application is an upload, make some edits, then download back into the OPC topic using RSLinx OPC Server. I am also open to using an OPC-UA server if that library exists too. I would need a UA-Server as RSLinx is the old DA COM, right? I would also need Allen Bradley drivers for the UA server to add in the devices I need? Or is it just a matter of getting the device path correct in the server?
Any advice on this topic would be greatly appreciated.
One commercial product you can use, both with OPC Classic and OPC UA, is QuickOPC: https://www.opclabs.com/produc.....-tools/vba . From Excel, you can either use VBA, or there is a code-less option as well (just drag-and-drop values and cells become animated with live OPC data).
Disclaimer: I am the author of it.