Release Notes for OPC Core Components 106.0|Classic OPC: DA, A&E, HDA, XML-DA, etc.|Forum|OPC Foundation

Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Release Notes for OPC Core Components 106.0
Mark Derbecker
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
06/08/2017 - 16:54
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey folks, past releases of Core Components included release notes in the downloaded package. I'm not seeing those in 106.0, does anyone have any?

Helder Magalhães
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
01/27/2019 - 14:08
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Mark,

The release notes for version 107 ("OPC COM Core Components Readme 107.24.pdf") reads (highlight is mine):

The Core Components Merge Modules now use the MSI Component IDs that match the 105 release. This should prevent necessary components from being uninstalled when an application that uses the Merge Modules is uninstalled. This problem will still exist if a product uses the 106 release, however, there should be a smaller number of those products. Version 106 has been removed from the website because of the inconsistent Component IDs.

That said, there should be no reason to use the 106 release - simply grab the 107. If you specifically need the 106 version, please share the reason and, if it's plausible enough, I'm pretty sure that the site administrator will at least consider making it available again (possibly with a warning similar to the above).

Cheers,
Helder Magalhães

Forum Timezone: America/Phoenix
Most Users Ever Online: 510
Currently Online: CHIRANTAN JOSHI
Guest(s) 29
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Forum Stats:
Groups: 2
Forums: 10