Verifying SHA256 file hash|Classic OPC: DA, A&E, HDA, XML-DA, etc.|Forum|OPC Foundation

Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Verifying SHA256 file hash
Cavin Leske
Members
Forum Posts: 2
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
04/19/2023 - 06:45
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello,

To comply with U.S. critical infrastructure regulations we're required to verify the integrity of all software via file hashes.  In the past we've always compared the hash of the installer file to the hash provided on the company/organization's website.

From what I can tell there aren't any hashes for the software provided on the OPC Foundation's website, but I noticed in the release notes that "all binaries are signed with SHA256."  I'm not sure how that applies to our verification process, however.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Randy Armstrong
Admin
Forum Posts: 1445
04/20/2023 - 04:45
sp_Permalink sp_Print

All binaries and installers are signed with a code signing certificate. This approach is typical for windows only installers/executables.

That said, we have a couple linux binaries that will need the SHA256 hash. Are you using those?

Cavin Leske
Members
Forum Posts: 2
04/20/2023 - 07:40
sp_Permalink sp_Print

My apologies, I should have stated that I'm using the OPC Core Components Redistributables.

Your reply helped me determine that the code signing certificate is perfect for our requirements.

Thanks very much, Randy!

Forum Timezone: America/Phoenix
Most Users Ever Online: 510
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 19
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Forum Stats:
Groups: 2
Forums: 10
Topics: 1347