I've gone through OPC Certification application form & found some fields which needs to be filled while applying for certification namely, Max Server Connections, Max Client Connections, Max Subscriptions & Max Nodes. My understanding of these fields is as:
1. Max Server Connections: Maximum number of OPC servers connected to an OPC Client & client allows to read data parallely from all connected servers.
2. Max Client Connections: Maximum number of OPC client connected to an OPC Server & allows all clients to write data parallely to server.
3. Max Subscriptions: Maximum number of Nodes that a client or server allows to subscribe in one or more request.
4. Max Nodes: Maximum number of Nodes a client allows to browse in one or more requests. And, maximum number of Nodes a server allows to model in OPC address space.
Is my understanding correct ? Please suggest.
Also, they are not marked star, is all fields mandatory or some are optional ?
- Max Server Connection: This is correct, it is the maximum of parallel connections a client can have to OPC UA Servers.
- Max Client Connection: This is correct, the field is for the UA Server testing and describes how many clients can connect to the server in parallel.
- Max Subscriptions: This is not correct. This is the maximal number of subscriptions being supported by the product. This is not related to any operation limits of the server nor the maximal number of MonitoredItems supported in a Subscription.
- Max Nodes: This is not correct. This is the maximal number of MonitoredItems supported in the server.
All information in this form are helping us to estimate the testing days needed for the product. When not providing accurate or skipping information the estimate might not reflect the actual days of testing needed for the product.