I've an OPC UA server (Siemens-S7) having some model defined in it. Which consist of an object of type FunctionalGroupType which contains another object of type BaseObjectType having some variables & properties as children.
Variable-2 (String), etc.
When I am trying to browse Object-A, some clients like Softing/Prosys are able to browse it. But, in some client it returns Empty References. I tried creating similar model in another OPC-UA server & it was working for me (For this, I had used OPC-UA SDK to create console OPC-UA server & don't have Siemens-S7 configured at my end. Imported DI 1.2 nodeset.xml as well).
I tried reading specifications including DI specs & Googled as well but, didn't get any thing.
Could you please give some pointers around what could be the possible reason for this ?
FYI: In the earlier case, there are some custom ReferenceTypes, VariableTypes & ObjectTypes defined in model. But, in later not.
Thank you Randy for quick response.
Below are the steps when I am trying to browse above mentioned hierarchy of nodes:
- BrowseRequest made with parameters (NodeId, BroswseDirection.Both, NodeClass.All, BrowseResultMask.All, IncludeSubtypes=True)
- Got result of browsing node
- StatusCode is Good for Browse call
- Checking if there are any references available in browse results via results.getReferences() method call
- Got empty list of references here; reference list size is zero
- ContinuationPoint is also null.
- No children visible in client for browsed Node.
Please let me know if you need any other information.