VDMA OPC Surface Technology Initiative
The aim of the initiative is to standardize machine-machine communication for surface technology in order to reduce the integration effort for machines, installations and devices in surface technology.
It deals with the integration of machines, installations and devices of surface technology.
- among each other,
- with peripheral systems and
- with the production control System.
The first activity is to standardize the interfaces for data exchange between paint supply systems. A uniform data structure and parameters for typical use cases such as “color change”, “flush”, “filling”, “paint supply” will be developed.
The initiative will in future be promoted jointly by VDMA Surface Technology and the OPC Foundation in the Joint Working Group “VDMA OPC Surface Technology Initiative”.
The other machines, installations and devices of paint application technology as well as the interfaces of machines, installations and devices from other surface technology sub-sectors will be worked on successively with experts from the respective sub-sectors.
Field of work
The field of work of the Joint Working Group comprises the sub-sectors of surface technology organized in VDMA Surface Technology. These are
- paint application technology
Machines, installations and devices for processing of organic coating materials (liquid paint, powder paint, adhesives, sealants, etc.) e.g.
– Paint spray-booths (EN16985),
– application equipment (EN1953, EN50176, EN50177, EN50348, EN50050-1, EN50050-2, EN50050-3, EN50223, EN50059),
– paint supply systems (EN12621, VDMA24392),
– dip coating plants (EN12581),
– paint dryers (EN1539)
- Cleaning and pretreatment technology
Machines, installations and devices for cleaning and pretreating industrial parts with liquid media (EN12921 all parts)
- Industrial plasma surface treatment technology
Machines, installations and devices for surface treatment by plasma (VDMA24391).
Typical processes are PVD coating, CVD coating, plasma nitriding, plasma cleaning.
- Shot blasting technology
Wheel- and Airblasting machinery (see EN1248, VDMA24379).
Typical processes are shot blasting, shot peening, dry-ice-blasting.
In the past year the VDMA Surface Technology Working Group Digitalization has started the initiative with the companies
- b+m surface systems GmbH, Eiterfeld
- Walther Spritz- und Lackiersysteme GmbH, Wuppertal
- J. Wagner GmbH, Markdorf
- Rippert Anlagentechnik GmbH & Co. KG, Herzebrock-Clarholz
- REITER GmbH + Co. KG Oberflächentechnik, Winnenden
- Venjakob Maschinenbau GmbH & Co. KG, Rheda-Wiedenbrück
- WIWA Wilhelm Wagner GmbH & Co. KG, Lahnau
- Erichsen GmbH & Co. KG, Hemer
with the chairperson
- Peter Turczak, WiWa Wilhelm Wagner GmbH, Lahnau.
With the kick-off of the Joint Working Group, on 1st of April 2019 at Hannover Messe, the circle of participants is expected to expand to include additional companies and organizations.