Member: Schneider Electric
Product website: www.wonderware.com/hmi-scada/device-integration
Formerly known as FSGateway, the Wonderware Operations Integration Supervisory Gateway (referred to as OI Gateway), acts as a communications protocol converter. The OI Gateway can be used to link clients and data sources that communicate using different protocols. The OI Gateway serves a bridge between a source and a destination that support the following protocols:
o OPC DA
o OPC DA
o OPC UA Client
o ArchestrA (MX)
Wonderware InTouch, communicates to the OI Gateway using DDE or SuiteLink. The OI Gateway, using the OPC UA Client, in turn connects to a Bosch Rexroth controller acting as an OPC UA Server
OI Core Technology
The Wonderware OI Gateway is built on the next generation architecture that leverages the ArchestrA OI Core Technology. The new OI Core technology allows:
- Increased throughput - Parallel independent processing of I/O by each individual driver instance results in my higher overall throughput per driver and per node.
- Increased scalability - Eliminate the limitations of a single driver in a single node. You can run multiple completely independent instances of the same driver in a single node.
- Eliminate single points of failure - By running multiple instances of the same node any potential problems that may affect one driver instance are isolated to just that instance.
- Maximize communication uptime - Reduce impact of configuration changes that require driver restarts to a single instance thus allowing other drivers to continue to run unaffected.
- Multi-Version Support - multiple OI Server versions on a single node. Keep the old while adding new without having to change existing versions thus allowing continued growth without disruptions.
- Coexistence - Co-exist with legacy DAServers or DI Objects on a single node. Single node side-by-side upgrades allows continuing to run the previous driver version while adding a new version of the same driver protocol.
Commercial Offering / Licensing
Wonderware OI Servers are design to work stand-alone! They are typically packaged as part of Wonderware offerings, but you can also purchase OI Servers for your customer implementation if you need a direct server to interface with your application. Wonderware software is sold through the Wonderware distributors. See the link above to contact your local distributor.