Parma, Italy May, 23rd 2023 – ANIE Automazione and OPC Foundation are proud to announce a comprehensive collaboration program, focusing on the technology transfer and adoption of OPC UA for the Italian market.
ANIE Automazione and OPC Foundation have agreed to the following activities:
- Realizing interoperability demos on the “field level” and “field-to-cloud” paradigms.
- Extensive training program for ANIE members, to bring them up to date on the latest developments on OPC UA and make them proficient on latest OPC Foundation demos.
- ANIE member companies can join OPC Foundation field-to-cloud demo, so that data from their devices will be visible in the cloud dashboard from AWS and Microsoft.
- ANIE helps OPC Foundation to provide Italian translations of marketing material like the OPC UA brochure to make it even simpler for Italian automation companies to fully understand the present value and the future potential of the underlying technologies.
- ANIE Automazione and OPC Foundation will organize joint conferences
As kick off of the cooperation the two associations will have a joint booth at the 2023 SPS tradeshow in Parma. The booth showcases key OPC UA technologies and is jointly manned by OPC Foundation and ANIE members experts.
In particular, these activities will happen during the SPS show – good reason to join the ANIE and OPC Foundation booth Pavilion 4, position B009/B010:
- Demo 1: Field level communication with OPC UA Field eXchange (UAFX)
Controller-to-controller, Controller-to-device, Safety, Instrumentation, Motion
- Demo 2: Cloud connectivity with OPC UA over MQTT or via REST
Secure and scalable field to cloud connectivity with or without IoT gateways/agents
- Conference on May 24th at 2.15 pm at the Red Arena in Pavilion 8:
“Beyond controller-to-controller: OPC UA paves the way to the cloud”
- Italian translation of OPC UA brochure (Download Italian brochure here)
“Italy is the second biggest automation market in Europe; Italian machine builders are world leader in many segments and Italy’s manufacturer include the top global players in many industries, from automotive manufacturing to fashion and luxury goods, food&beverage and pharmaceuticals. Therefore, the importance of Italy for the OPC Foundation is very clear” says Stefan Hoppe, President and Executive Director of the OPC Foundation. “With this collaboration, we aim to help Italian OEMs and manufacturing companies to understand and embrace the importance of OPC UA as the common language of automation, not just in the field, but all the way to the cloud. Moreover, we look forward to technical contributions to the Foundation of many leading Italian automation companies”.
“The digitalization of the automation industry is both an opportunity and a challenges, and OPC UA is establishing itself at the de-facto standard in this area“, says Marco Svara, President of the Interconnection and Control area of ANIE Automazione and coordinator of the ANIE OPC UA working group. “Italian automation companies not adopting the OPC UA standard, it’s just like our export managers not being able to speak English. Moreover, the OPC UA standard is evolving towards many sectors where Italy has the potential to express leadership: Italian companies cannot miss this opportunity. Therefore, ANIE has an important role in helping our manufacturers understand and invest in OPC UA”.
About ANIE Automazione
ANIE Automazione represents and supports companies operating in the following thematic areas: Mechatronics and Discrete Automation, Digitalization of Processes and Products, Interconnection and Control, Process Automation. Federazione ANIE, with over 1,400 member companies and about 500,000 employees, represents the most strategic and advanced sector among the Italian industrial sectors, with an aggregate turnover of €76 billion (of which €22 billion of exports) in 2021. The companies belonging to Federazione ANIE invest 5% of their turnover in R&D, representing more than 30% of the entire R&D investment made by the private sector in Italy.
Further information is available at: www.anie.it – www.anieautomazione.anie.it.
About OPC Foundation
The OPC Foundation has been promoting the development and adoption of the OPC information exchange standard since 1996. As an advocate and steward of these specifications, the OPC Foundation’s mission is to help vendors, end users and software developers achieve interoperability of their manufacturing and automation resources. The OPC Foundation’s mission is to provide the best specifications, technologies, processes, and certification to ensure interoperability between different vendors and different platforms securely and reliably from embedded systems to the enterprise cloud. The Foundation supports over 930 members from around the world in industrial automation, IT, IoT, IIoT, M2M, Industry 4.0, building automation, machine tools, pharmaceuticals, petrochemical, and smart energy in achieving this goal.
Find more information www.opcfoundation.org
President and Executive Director